June 25, 2016
As most people from the winter wonderland/frigid Nordic tundra (it’s all a matter of perspective, right?) that is the Minneapolis-St. Paul “Twin Cities” area will tell you, they try to take advantage of the warm summer months by spending as much time outside as possible. This summer, if you’re looking for an active outdoor activity that’s more exciting than your typical Minneapolis 5k runs, check out the Xtreme Air 5k inflatable obstacle course race that’s coming to your area on Saturday, June 25, 2016.
What sets the Xtreme Air 5k apart from other Minneapolis 5k races is that it features 12 inflatable obstacles spread out over a 5k course (to learn more about the obstacles, check out our obstacles overview page). Unlike other adventure/obstacle course style Minneapolis 5k runs that push participants to their grueling limits and ask them to do crazy things like catapult themselves over fire pits or military crawl in the mud under electrified wire, Xtreme Air’s top priority is that you have as much fun as possible in a safe environment. This race is meant to be inclusive and is appropriate for a wide variety of ages and fitness levels. Whether you are gunning to push yourself to your own limits or prefer to walk between obstacles or even skip obstacles that do not interest you, we encourage everyone to come out and have fun on our unique inflatable obstacle course.
On Saturday, June 25, 2016, the Minneapolis-St. Paul Xtreme Air 5k inflatable obstacle course will be held at Buck Hill, 15400 Buck Hill Road, Burnsville, MN 55306 (click here for directions).
Interested in doing a run, unique 5k? Then let’s bounce!
Do you have what it takes? Sign-up Now
Interested in Volunteering?
Be part of the Xtreme team! Our courses require a lot of man power to run smoothly and we couldn’t do it without our volunteers. Not only will you gain entry into a race (and get a cool T-shirt), but volunteering at one of our events is a great way to take care of community service hours or support family and friends participating in the event.Learn More Register Now
Xtreme Air 5k events often sell out so, click here to sign up now and reserve your spot in the race. The earlier you sign up, the bigger your discount on registration fees. Check out the chart below for the registration fee prices and deadlines for the Minneapolis Xtreme Air 5k event.
In addition to the early registration discount, we also offer other discounts on registration fees for the Minneapolis Xtreme Air 5k event:
- Verified military and first responders can save 25% on registration fees. However, military and first responders must show valid military/first responder ID at registration or additional fees may apply.
- The only thing more fun than participating in the Xtreme Air 5k is participating as a team. Since teams can be mixed ability, mixed age, and co-ed with no size limit, invite anyone and everyone you think would have an amazing time tackling this inflatable obstacle course with you. So come one, come all! As an added bonus, we offer discounts for team packages. Click here for more information.
While sitting on the sidelines is normally a huge bummer, being a spectator at an Xtreme Air 5k event is actually tons of fun. There is an electric energy in the air at the event and if you get bored of watching your friends and family bounce all around the inflatable obstacle course, you can grab something to eat in the Xtreme Air Expo. Best of all, spectators are always free.
We always offer same day registration on race day (Saturday, June 25, 2016) for available waves on a first-come, first-served basis. Just make sure to an hour before the your wave to take care of registration logistics.
To participate in the race, you’ll need a race packet (which includes your race bib and wave wrist band) and you’ll also have to sign a participant waiver. To save time on race day, sign your waiver online when you register or bring your signed waiver with you. You have two different days on which you can pick up your race packet:
- Friday, June 24, 2016: To save time on race day, we strongly urge you to pick up your race packet on Friday, June 24, 2016 (we will let you know where and what time). Remember to bring your ID to check in..
- Saturday, June 25, 2016 (Race Day): You can also pick up your race packet on race day, just be sure to an hour before your starting wave time. Again, remember to bring your ID to check-in.
* All registrations are non-refundable, no exceptions.
Spectators are free – so bring your friends and family!
Are you a first responder or in the miliary?
XtremeAIR 5K loves our military and first responders! As heroes in your community, we’d love it if you can join us at the XtremeAIR 5K in your area! Verified military and first responders save 25% on registration fees. Click the button below to receive your coupon code for a 25% discount.Get Coupon Code
Register your Team
Everything in life is more fun with friends!
The Xtreme Air 5K is the ultimate way to get together and do something different with your friends and family. Learn about our Xtreme Group Packages and how to get discounted registration prices. Click the buttons below to learn more about creating your team and to register.Learn More Sign-Up Now
Race Day Info
15400 Buck Hill Road
Burnsville, MN 55306
- Access to the Xtreme AIR 5k inflatable obstacle course
- Xtreme AIR 5k custom bib
- Custom Xtreme AIR 5k t-shirt (given at finish line)
- Custom Xtreme AIR 5k finishers medal (given at finish line)
- Professional photos taken along the race course available for download (Don’t forget to #xtremeair5k when you share them!)
Pick up your race day packet at the following location the day before the race (may not apply at all venues). Your packet includes your bib and wrist band.
June 24, 2016
3:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: Run MN
14240 Plymouth Avenue
Burnsville, MN 55337
Event Day Instructions
- 7:15 AM Parking Opens
- 7:30 AM Race Day Begins! Ticket sales, locker rentals and packet pick-up and check-ins are open for business.
- 8:20 AM National Anthem
- 1:00 PM 5k Race Course Closes
- 1:30 PM Lockers Close
Our Weather Policy:
Rain or shine, the XtremeAIR 5k will go on! If weather is too severe on race day, we will delay the next wave until the weather clears. The safety of our racers, staff, and spectators is our top concern and only if necessary, the race will be postponed or canceled. Notifications will be sent if the race is delayed or rescheduled.