April 23, 2018
North Central Floridians—Tired or your boring 5k runs? On Saturday, April 23, Xtreme Air’s Ocala 5k Race, an obstacle course featuring 12 inflatable obstacles, is coming to town. Sure, you may have done mud runs, adventure races, and other Ocala running races, but this Xtreme Air inflatable is incomparable to any other race you’ve previously run.
First, Xtreme Air 5k has one priority: that you have the time of your life, while also remaining safe and priding itself on being an inclusive race for all ages and fitness levels. We want everyone to join in the fun! Who wouldn’t want to race through the wildest hybrid of a bouncy house and an American Gladiators/Nickelodeon’s Guts or Legends of the Hidden Temple/American Ninja Warrior (pick your TV show reference based on your age) live action set. Xtreme Air 5k’s 12 inflatable obstacles are spread out over a scenic 5k course at the Florida Agriculture Center and Horse Park, located at 11008 South Highway 475, Ocala, FL 34480 (click here for directions).
This beautiful park is 500 acres big, and you’ll be in storied company competing on its grounds; after all, this park now hosts the best of the best in World and Olympic level equine sports competitions and celebrates our nation through team and individual competition. This world class park, in addition to hosting a full-schedule of equine events, is also host to Floridians and out-of-towners for every type of event you could imagine—from hot-dog eating contests, biking RV contests, dog luring contests, and now, for the first time ever: the Xtreme Air Ocala 5k race inflatable obstacle course!
You can check out renderings and descriptions of all 12 Xtreme Air 5k obstacles on our obstacles page, but my two favorite ones represent two very different types of bouncy obstacles, one that tests your physical skills and another that tests your mental skills:
- Up & Down: This obstacle lets your climb up two-and-a-half inflatable stories, then slide down only to find another inflatable wall to scale up and slide down—it’s double the fun and double the challenge!
- Get Lost: The last time I got “lost” was when I went over my data usage on my cellphone and couldn’t use my maps/GPS app. This obstacle is a whole different kind of “getting lost”. Imagine a twisty-and-turning maze full of disorienting dead-ends, constructed from inflatable tubes, walls, and boulders. The choice is yours: pick between two different paths in the bouncy maze as you twist and turn and bounce your way through this puzzle designed to stop you and your fellow racers in your bouncy tracks. Avoid bottlenecks, don’t always follow the crowd, and use your noggin-to find the fastest way out! Remember, your brain is a muscle too!
If this Xtreme Air 5k inflatable obstacle course race sounds like a bounce-tastic great way to spend a Saturday, don’t delay—sign up today!
Do you have what it takes? Sign-up Now
Interested in Volunteering?
Be part of the Xtreme team! Our courses require a lot of man power to run smoothly and we couldn’t do it without our volunteers. Not only will you gain entry into a race (and get a cool T-shirt), but volunteering at one of our events is a great way to take care of community service hours or support family and friends participating in the event.Learn More Register Now
Xtreme Air 5k Obstacle Course races frequently sell out before race day, especially for the most desirable starting time waves. To make sure you get a ticket to this one-of-a-kind Ocala 5k race, we urge you to sign up as soon as possible. As an added bonus, the sooner you sign up, the more money you’ll save on the race registration fees! With the help of our cohorts over at Active, signing up for this event is definitely not an obstacle. It’s quick and easy and completely online. Just click on the neon green “SIGN-UP NOW” button to get started.
The registration fees and deadlines for this Xtreme Air Ocala 5k race with 12 inflatable, uber-fun obstacles are as follows:
* All registrations are non-refundable, no exceptions.
Spectators are free – so bring your friends and family!
Are you a first responder or in the miliary?
XtremeAIR 5K loves our military and first responders! As heroes in your community, we’d love it if you can join us at the XtremeAIR 5K in your area! Verified military and first responders save 25% on registration fees. Click the button below to receive your coupon code for a 25% discount.Get Coupon Code
Register your Team
Everything in life is more fun with friends!
The Xtreme Air 5K is the ultimate way to get together and do something different with your friends and family. Learn about our Xtreme Group Packages and how to get discounted registration prices. Click the buttons below to learn more about creating your team and to register.Learn More Sign-Up Now
Race Day Info
Florida Agriculture Center and Horse Park
11008 South Highway 475, Ocala, FL 34480GET DIRECTIONS
- Access to the Xtreme AIR 5k inflatable obstacle course
- Xtreme AIR 5k custom bib
- Custom Xtreme AIR 5k t-shirt (given at finish line)
- Custom Xtreme AIR 5k finishers medal (given at finish line)
- Professional photos taken along the race course available for download (Don’t forget to #xtremeair5k when you share them!)
Pick up your race day packet at the following location the day before the race (may not apply at all venues). Your packet includes your bib and wrist band.
April 22, 2016
4:00 - 9:00 PM
Event Day Instructions
- 7:15 AM Parking Opens
- 7:30 AM Race Day Packet Pick-up, Check-in, Registration, and Lockers Open
- 8:20 AM National Anthem
- 1:00 PM 5k Race Course Closes
- 1:30 PM Lockers Close
Our Weather Policy:
Rain or shine, the XtremeAIR 5k will go on! If weather is too severe on race day, we will delay the next wave until the weather clears. The safety of our racers, staff, and spectators is our top concern and only if necessary, the race will be postponed or canceled. Notifications will be sent if the race is delayed or rescheduled.